Thursday, August 28, 2014

BIG HERO 6 and CalArts


Maybe a blog post can help me procrastinate from doing my syllabus :) 

   
  I haven't been posting because so much has been going on. I've been preparing for my trip to Costa Rica which I leave for in 2 days!! Also I just completed animation on Disney's current film BIG HERO 6 and that comes out in theaters NOVEMBER 7th! 


    I can't wait for everyone to see all the hard work that has gone into it. People are going to fall in love with Baymax just like how many did with Olaf. Maybe theres something to be said about them both being similar white talking marshmallows... hmm

_______________________________________________________________

   
     Some more big news is that I start teaching at CalArts in September! 


      I am teaching 2nd year 2D animation and to be honest I'm pretty damn excited. I had never been to CalArts before my interview and don't know much about it. I do know that Walt Disney created and founded the school in the early 1960's. I am surprised and happy to say that quite a few other Disney Animators are teaching at CalArts as well. You might recognize a few:

-Eric Goldberg who has worked on many memorable characters, including the Genie from Aladdin, is teaching 4th year students.

-Dale Baer is another amazing 2D Disney Artist will also be there.

-Jorge Ruiz and Wayne Unten are teaching 3D first year!

-Jen hager who is supervising on Disney's next film Zootopia is teaching 3rd year students.

     Many more amazing teachers work there but these are the ones from the Disney Animation Department. You can expect a few updates about my teaching experience at CalArts as the year goes on :D I remember being in college since it wasn't too long ago that I was in college myself. Maybe thats a bad thing or maybe thats a good thing I don't know. But whatever I bring to the table, I can guarantee its not going to be like the rest.


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can you post your syllabus and notes? that would be so dope. haha- congrats! and good luck man. Sounds like a really good time to be attending CalArts


      oh and Super excited for Big Hero 6.

      Delete
  2. Being a full time employee at Disney, how do you manage to find time for teaching? How doesn't the college timing and work timing clash, as both normally function from 900 hrs to 1800 hrs?
    Just Curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Despite its predictable twist and the lack of narrative depth, Big Hero 6 won my heart through Baymax, the robot."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also I just completed animation on Disney's current film BIG HERO 6 and that .megashare9 Labels: 2D, 3D, animator, arts, baymax

    ReplyDelete